Comenius Meeting Vichy Wednesday 18 March 2015
Meeting opened 9:30am
Meeting closed 12:00pm
Notes taken by Kate Lee
Programme for the week
• Shared the itinerary for the rest of the week to make sure that everyone in the group has a clear understanding of what is happening each day
Comenius activities from Sept to March
• Luc was able to share the games that his children had made. These are board games with questions with blank question cards to add extra questions. This is a migration game with questions about the cranes.
• France have added some of their learning to the website
• Each school has been completing activities and we will see them when we are in the schools tomorrow.
• All the photos of learning are on the website
• Partners have sent Aesop's fables to Alberto who is working on the multi lingual book. The wolf and the crane. This was created in didapages . French partners have some guidance documents for this program.
• Alberto showed the partners the book that he has created.
• Partners can send other language activities and words ( like similes) to Alberto to be added to the book
• Alberto has also put other stories on the Comenius blog
• The Italian partners have created a DVD from their Christmas celebration, "Christmas Around the World"
• We shared a film of the learning at Shiphay from Sept to March
• Forest School Club started in September and is now in its second successful term. Developing the outdoor environment to include a bird hide, dens in the trees for creative play, environmental art.
• Eco- Council developing a range of environmental projects around school. This will include Phil The Bag later this term where children will bring clothes to recycle.
• Whole school theme - local study. A geography based theme to encourage children to learn more about our local environment . LST rivers, MST Coast, UST Dartmoor. From this study, children have begun to compile their travelogues.
• Travelogues - forming the main corridor display in the school building
• Recorded Christmas songs on to a DVD to send our Christmas greeting to our Comenius partners
• Writing letters to our Italian pen friends
• Easter cards to share our Easter greetings
Sweden shared the Easter gifts that their children have made for the partners
KL has created 3 questionnaires, one for pupils, one for colleagues and one for the leadership team. These were agreed in principle with the addition of "other languages" in the language section and some re-arrangements of questions.
• Jill and Kate will put these questions into Survey Monkey so that they can be completed in partner countries.
• The survey will be completed so that teachers can complete these with the whole class rather than the pupils as individuals.
• SurveyMonkey will be created and sent out by the end of April
• Colleagues will complete the SurveyMonkey before the meeting in Sweden
Actions agreed and deadlines
• England - complete Wolf and Crane and send to Alberto as soon as possible.
• France - send some pictures for the French version of the Wolf and crane story
• All partners - send other word exercises to Alberto to add to the book as soon as possible
• All partners - add pictures, children's work etc to the website as soon as possible
• England - prepare SurveyMonkey as soon as possible
• All partners - complete surveys with pupils, staff and management. Mid June